Democracy in Africa, the website and community for people interested in and working on African democracy, is looking to recruit a new Associate Editor. Do you want to join our team?
WE ARE looking to recruit a new Associate Editor. This person will work closely with DiA founder and editor Professor Nic Cheeseman and will be jointly responsible for:
- Identifying and commissioning blog posts and new research areas.
- Editing and posting new stories.
- Web-site maintenance and management.
- Managing public relations and expanding the reach of the website.
We estimate that the role requires a time commitment of 8 hours per week. The work is extremely flexible, and can be done in evenings/weekends. In addition to becoming a member of our team, the successful applicant will receive a stipend of £1,500 per year in recognition of their efforts.
The main skills, experience and dispositions that we are looking for include:
- Experience of running/contributing to a website (especially using WordPress).
- Experience of promoting research via social media (Twitter/Facebook).
- Familiarity with Democracy in Africa and our work.
- Experience of working within the policy, practitioner **or** academic community, and an understanding of its needs and interests.
- A passion for African politics and a deep interest in issues relating to democracy and democratization.
- A willingness to work as part of a team and to make collective decisions.
To apply for the position please submit a CV and a letter of application explaining how you fulfil the above criteria and why you want the position (both no longer than 2 pages) to email@example.com by 18:00 GMT on 1 May 2017.